Last updated: August 2, 2018
For purposes of this Agreement, “Services” refers to the Company’s services, including our websites, SiteLink myHub and SiteLink Web Edition, SiteLinkStore, or any other services provided by the Company. The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company. “You” refers to you, as a user of the Services.
Information You Provide to Us. We collect Personal Information you provide through the use of the Services, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, preferences and other interests, payment card information, purchase details and other transaction information, as well as any other such information you choose to provide on SiteLink or on the forms we use outside of SiteLink . We collect this information to administer your account and the Services, authenticate you as a user, communicate with you, to better understand and analyse our customer population, support our operations and product management, deliver relevant offers and ads and otherwise personalize your experience, improve our products and services (including the Services), process purchases you make online and to deliver purchased services.
Information Collected Automatically We also gather certain information automatically when you use our Services, which may include Personal Information and which we may combine with other Personal Information. For example, we may collect:
- Log Files: These log files include information such as IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system or device type, the time and date of access, and clickstream data
- Location Information: When you use our Services, we may collect information such as latitude and longitude, date and time.
Information collected automatically may be used to offer you certain location-based services, conduct analytics to improve our Services, manage our Services and email messages, collect and track information about you and your activities online over time and across different websites and channels, maintain the security of our Services, detect fraud, and protect our rights.
Information We Obtain from Third Party Sources We may obtain certain Personal Information about you from third party sources, such as from:
- Business Partners and Service Providers: We use business partners and service providers, such as payment processors and analytics providers, to perform services on our behalf. Some of these partners have access to Personal Information about you that we may not otherwise have (for example, where you sign up directly with that provider) and may share some or all of this information with us. We use this information to administer Services and conduct marketing and advertising campaigns, as well as to process transactions that you request.
- Supplemental Information: We may receive additional Personal Information from third-party sources, such as credit reference agencies and public databases, which we may append to existing consumer information. We may use this supplemental information to process transactions that you request and to prevent fraud, deliver relevant offers and advertising to you and to improve our operations, Services and our advertising and marketing campaigns.
Additional Uses of Personal Information In addition to the uses described above, we may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Operating our business, administering the Services and managing your accounts;
- Contacting you to respond to your requests or inquiries;
- Processing and completing your transactions including, as applicable, order confirmation, enrolment in any loyalty or other programs, processing payments for online purchase and delivering products or services;
- Providing you with newsletters, articles, product or service alerts or announcements, savings awards, event invitations, and other information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Providing you with coupons, promotional information, offers, and other information that are personally tailored to your interests and purchase behavior, or administering any loyalty or rewards programs, analysing your interactions with us, and improving our products and services;
- Conducting market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs; and
How We Share and Disclose Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information as follows:
- with our family of companies, including our subsidiaries and affiliates, subject to any limitations we may describe to you in our other agreements with you or relevant FAQs;
- with third-party service providers, vendors, or other consultants who perform services on our behalf or for your benefit, such as for payment processing, marketing, analytics, optimizing our services or verifying data;
- with our business partners for the purpose of administering programs and services;
- with legal or governmental regulatory authorities as required by applicable law, or to third parties as required by applicable law in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, when otherwise required by applicable law, or if we determine that disclosure is necessary to protect the health and safety of you or us, or to enforce our legal rights or contractual commitments that you have made;
- in connection with, or during a negotiation of, any merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets, and could be transferred to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership; or
- with your consent or at your reasonable direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Legal Bases for Processing We rely on separate and overlapping bases to process your Personal Information lawfully. It may be necessary for us to process your Personal Information in order to process transactions requested by you or meet our contractual obligations, to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, or to further our legitimate interests (as described below) if those interests are not overridden by your rights and interests. We may, under certain circumstances, also process your Personal Information based on your consent. We rely on several legitimate interests in using and sharing your Personal Information, which include:
- improving and customizing the Services for you;
- understanding how the Services are being used;
- obtaining insights into usage patterns of the Services;
- exploring ways to develop and grow our business;
- ensuring the safety and security of the Services; and
- enhancing protection against fraud, spam, harassment, intellectual property infringement, crime and security risks.
International Data Transfers We may transfer your Personal Information within our family of companies or to the third parties discussed above. Your Personal Information may be transferred to, stored and processed in a country other than the one in which it was collected, such as if the transfer is necessary to the performance of a contract between you and us, if the transfer is necessary to the performance of a contract between us and a third party and the contract was entered into in your interest, or if the transfer is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or to protect your vital interests.
We process all Personal Information in line with your rights, in each case to the extent required by and in accordance with applicable law.
Account Information. If you have an account with us, you may access and correct information about you in your account by logging into your account and updating your profile information.
Marketing and Promotional Communications. You may opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each promotional message. Please allow up to 10 days for your opt-out to take effect. You can also indicate that you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us here or by contacting us as described below. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies or reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of the Services.
Opt-out of Information Sharing. To opt out of having us share your Personal Information with third parties for their own business purposes, including to market products and services to you, please contact us as set forth below. Please allow for 10 days for such requests to become effective.
Rights for EU Data Subjects. Subject to local law, you may have additional rights regarding your Personal Information. In certain cases, you may also have a right to:
- rectify any of your Personal Information that is inaccurate;
- restrict or limit the ways in which we use your Personal Information;
- object to the processing of your Personal Information;
- request the deletion of your Personal Information; and
- obtain a copy of your Personal Information in an easily accessible format.
To submit a request, please contact us as set forth below.
You may also have a right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information, where our processing is solely based on your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you the Services for which the processing based on your consent were necessary.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection authority.
Security of Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We have implemented commercially reasonable technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Links to Other Sites
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our Services are not directed to, and we do not intend to or knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information online from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not provide us with any Personal Information.